Oil and Gas EquipmentStandardization:May 20, 2008 Summary
About the Conference
The event will be attended by oil and gas equipment manufacturers and buyers – OJSC “Gazprom”, OJSC “AK “Transneft”, OJSC “Rosneft” and other oil and gas producing companies. The conference will feature addresses by representatives of the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology, Federal Service for Environmental, Technological and Atomic Supervision and other government organizations.
Today, standards are permissive rather than mandatory, and each oil company establishes its own technical requirements for industrial products. Major companies’ technical requirements should be integrated into new standards. Technical specialists of the oil and gas industry companies will describe their equipment requirements. The conference will also look at equipment safety issues.
Participants in Standartneftegaz-2008 will have an opportunity to exchange ideas and develop a package of measures to increase competitiveness of Russian industrial products.
Main themes of STANDARTNEFTEGAZ-2008 Conference:
• National and international oil and gas equipment standards
• Options for improvement of Russian oil and gas equipment standards
• Safety management in the oil and gas industry
• Oil and gas companies’ equipment requirements
• Operation of Technical Committee for Standardization in Oil and Gas Industry
• Implementation of Law “On technical regulation” in the industry
• Oil and gas equipment certification practices
• Offshore drilling and production equipment standardization and certification
• Uniform system of supplier qualification of OJSC “Gazprom”